Expedición Ojos del Salado
Ojos del Salado is the highest active volcano in the world with its imposing 6,893 masl. In addition is the chilean highest mountain. It's recognized for its aridity and also for being one of the coldest mountains in Chile, besides being very windy.
The best periods to visit this mountain is between October and March.
Summit the highest active volcano in the world and also the highest mountain in Chile.
The expedition lasts 11 days.
The expedition will be carried out with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 6 participants.
- Physical and health status compatible with the activity.
- Self-guided ascents or trekking.
- Required ascending a mountain with all the staff, mountain and date to be confirmed.
- Complete a medical record and sign a risk assumption document.
This program is subject to modifications pdue to weather conditions and/or emergency events.
Day 1: Flight from Santiago to Copiapó - Transfer to Laguna Verde at 4.200 masl.
Day 2: Free day (rest or short trekkings)
Day 3: Summit Cerro Mulas Muertas with 5.897 msnm.
Day 4: Laguna Verde Trekking - Transfer to Atacama Camp.
Day 5: Equipment and food porting to: Atacama Camp. - Tejos Camp. - Atacama Camp.
Day 6: Atacama Camp. - Tejos Camp.
Day 7: Summit attemp, 8 h. aprox.
Day 8: Extra day.
Día 9: Extra day.
Día 10: Tejos Camp. - Atacama Camp. - Laguna Verde Camp.
Day 11: Return to Laguna Verde - Copiapó - Santiago.
- 01 guide for every 3 expeditionaries.
- Common camping equipment (plates, cutlery, glasses for hot/cold liquids, cooker and gas).
- Height Expedition Kit.
- VHF/UHF radios.
- Summit permites (extranjeros).
- Transfer to and from Santiago - Copiapó - Santiago.
- Transfer during the expedition by 4x4.
- Food and hydration during the expedition.
- Common and personnel basecamp equipment.
- Personnel equipment (helmets, boots, harness, parkas, etc.).
- Accident and travel insurance.
- Costs in case of any rescue.
- International Flights.
To reserve a space you must cancel an advance of USD $500.
Balance USD$5200 - USD$500 = USD$4700.
You can cancel the expedition with facilities coordinating with Hacemos Cumbre.
There is a Guide Service option for different dates at a lower cost without including any previous items with a cost of USD $ 120 per day.
For more information, to receive the files and docuemnts, reserves, dues or others, please feel free to contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org